A Reducing Wye is used in connecting a reducing branch line into a horizontal drain pipe. This is another popular variant of pipe wye and considered to be a popular type of pipe and tube fitting used in various applications.
A reducing wye is also known as “Y-bend”. It has three female openings, in which two are straight in a line and the third bend is at a 45 degree angle. The two straight openings are of the same size and the third Y opening is of a different size.
Some popular types of reducing wye:
- Carbon steel
- Stainless steel
- Aluminum etc.
Features and specifications:
- Wall Thickness
- Long service life
- Corrosion resistance
- Good impact strength
- Light weight and easy to installation
Uses of reducing wyes:
- Reducing Single Wye
- Reducing Double Wye
- Reducing Long turn Wye
- Reducing Double Long turn Wye
- Join pipes of different sizes
- Withstand acids, bases, and solvents
- No interruption of flow path
- Can withstand intermittent corrosive fluids in very high
The points mentioned below will be a guide for the buyers: