Orifice flanges are used instead of the standard pipe flanges when orifice plate or flow nozzle is used. In other words, orifice flanges are used with orifice meters. The basic purpose for this is to measuring the flow rate of either gases or liquids in the respective pipeline.
These flanges are used in various industrial applications and are available in various sizes and materials. All orifice flange units are supplied with the plate, pressure connection holes, and jack screws.
- Cast iron
- Stainless Steel
- Carbon Steel
- Copper etc.
Uses of orifice flanges:
- Come with either raised faces or ring type joint (RTJ ) facings.
- The orifice flanges have modifications of radial tapped holes in the flange ring for meter connections.
- There are the orifice plate carriers in these flanges for the reason of fitting meter connections.
- The additional bolts available serve as a jack to allow the separation of the two flanges to change the orifice plate or for
other relevant services like inspection.
- The basic purpose of an orifice flange is used to flow/rate metering of piping systems.
- They are used for all intensive purposes, similar to weld neck and slip-on flanges with extra machining.
The points mentioned below will be a guide for the buyers: