Male & Female Run Tee
Both Male Run Tees and Female Run Tees are popular pipe fittings used to connect fractional tubes. The basic difference between male run tee and female run tee is that male run tee connects flared fractional or metric tubes or pipes to female NPT thread while the female run tee connects fractional pipes to male NPT thread. These run tees are available in various materials, sizes, finishes depending on the industries in which they are applied.
Male run tee or female run tees have three connections in which two run left to right through the fitting while the other branches off. In the male run tee, there is a female thread run and a right quick connect run while in the female run tee, there is male thread run. This type of pipe fitting also has a quick connect branch.
How to measure male and female run tee?
Whenever you go for measuring male and female run tees, consider the
following (as seen in the table and figure):
PT PIPE THREAD
D Through Hole
D1 Through Hole
LL AFTER INST
W Wrench Flat
The only difference between the two is that male run tees are
treaded outside while female run tees are threaded inside.
Materials used are as follows:
Uses of male and female run tees:
- Stainless steel
- Carbon steel
- Cast iron etc.
Some uses of male and female run tees are as follows:
- They are used in a variety of industrial applications.
- They are considered to be very cost-effective.
- They are very easy to install.
- They are provided with or without nut sleeve.
- They are always a popular option for connecting different kinds
- They do not require any special tubing preparation or tools.
- They are manufactured to resist any kind of leaks.
Some applications of of tees are as follows:
- Pneumatic instrumentation
- Compressed air institutions
- Hydraulic equipment
- Fluid transfer lines
- Fuel Supply Insulation etc.
The points mentioned below will be a guide for the buyers: